Labiaplasty in Beverly Hills
Women with a poor labial appearance caused by unsatisfactory size, shape, or color often find it a source of anxiety, especially during intimate situations. Women with labial hypertrophy, or enlarged labia minora, can also experience discomfort or pain during physical activities and intimate contact. Enlarged labia can occur naturally in some women, while others experience labial distension following childbirth or as they age. To improve confidence and comfort, women often choose labiaplasty to correct the appearance of the labia minora.
Benefits of Labiaplasty
Women considering labiaplasty should be in good health and have realistic expectations about their results. While there is no “normal” standard by which to judge your labial appearance, women seeking labiaplasty often experience physical and/or emotional discomfort due to the size of their labia. You may be self-conscious about an overly visible labia when your legs are closed or when you wear tight-fitting clothing.
- The trim method is usually chosen by women who desire a more youthful labial appearance because it results in a pink-colored labial edge.
- The trim technique removes excess tissue from the outer edge of each labia minora to reduce its size.
- This technique targets the darker-colored portion of the tissue, leaving a youthful appearance.
- The wedge method is typically chosen by women who wish to maintain their natural labial edge.
- A V-shaped wedge of tissue is excised from each labial fold.
- The remaining tissue is pulled together and stitched closed.
- The wedge technique leaves the outer labia edge intact, preserving the natural coloring.
- Patients who have lost the sensual fullness of their labia majora (outer lips) due to aging or weight loss may consider fat transfer to restore a more youthful appearance.
- Fat transfer takes belly or thigh fat and adds it to the labia majora for an improved appearance.
- Treatments are tailored to meet your physical and aesthetic needs.
Patients experience swelling and numbness of the vulva for approximately two weeks following the procedure. You shouldn’t lift heavy objects or engage in strenuous physical activities for a week after your procedure. Avoid swimming or staying submerged in water for the first six weeks of your recovery. Most patients can resume sexual contact after six weeks.
Choosing the trim method may result in some visible scarring along the edge of the labia. This scarring is likely to fade over time. Other methods, like the wedge method, result in little visible scarring.
The cost of labiaplasty varies between patients and is dependent on the technique used, anesthesia fees, surgical fees, and facility fees. A detailed quote will be provided during your consultation.
Labiaplasty can be performed using local anesthesia, but when necessary, general anesthesia is used. Some patients may experience initial discomfort following surgery, but this can be controlled with oral pain medication.
What causes elongated labia minora?
Some women have larger labia due to genetics. Other women find that their labia become longer following childbirth.
Will insurance cover my labiaplasty?
Labiaplasty is commonly considered a cosmetic procedure by most insurance companies and is not often covered.
Does labiaplasty impact sexual sensitivity or gratification?
No. The labia minora does not play a primary role in sexual stimulation. The clitoris is the organ associated with sensory pleasure, and it is not affected by labiaplasty.
I don’t even know where to start in thanking you! First thank you for being a gifted and wonderfully compassionate doctor. Your approach to helping me decide size was scientific and mathetmatical – very impressive. My results speak for themselves – my breasts are perfect. More beautiful than I could have ever hoped for. You do not have the gated “doctor’s ego”. You listened to all my concerns and made me feel like a person, not just another procedure. Thank, Thank, Thank you!!! As a man you have a wonderful sense of self and your family – all of these things make you not only a fabulous surgeon, but also a wonderful man. Thank you for everything!
When will I ever be able to make up to you the beautiful job that you did with my breasts??! Your gifted spirit allows you to bring out the beauty in everyone, no matter how much or little they have already in their favor. I feel so lucky to have been touched by your hands- I have been so fortunate that my heart has been touched by yours and will cherish this forever.
Dear Dr. Rey & Norma,
This note is just a little “thank you” for the amazingly informative and congenial visit I had with you last week. I was very impressed with the amount of time that Dr. Rey spent with me discussing every aspect of care and precaution involved with such a procedure as augmentation.
Before & After