Perky, lifted breasts are a mark of youthfulness and attractiveness. Unfortunately, many women experience breast sagging as their breasts become deflated or pendulous. Women whose breasts are sagging or have lost volume and/or shape may be good candidates for breast lift surgery.
What Causes Breast Sagging?
Breast sagging occurs when the breasts lose volume and skin elasticity. There are many causes of breast sagging, the most prominent of which are pregnancy, breastfeeding, and aging. Additional causes include weight fluctuations, hormones, and genetics. Breast sagging may be characterized by breast asymmetry, downward pointing nipples and areolas, pendulous breasts, flat or elongated breasts, stretched skin, and/or enlarged areolas.
What Are Good Reasons to Get a Breast Lift?
- Breast Augmentation Isn’t Enough: Breast augmentation improves breast volume and may counteract some breast sagging. However, it may not be sufficient to fully achieve your desired breast contours. Breast lift surgery combined with breast augmentation can improve breast volume, shape, and location for a more desirable bust line.
- Body Image: Breast sagging can negatively affect a woman’s body image. A breast lift can improve the appearance of your breasts so that you can feel more confident and satisfied with your body.
- Attractiveness: Breast sagging can also negatively affect a woman’s attractiveness or perceived attractiveness, both with and without clothing. Improving the look and placement of the breasts can help to enhance a woman’s image and her perceived attractiveness to herself and others.
- Nipple and Areola Appearance: Nipples and areolas that are stretched out or pulled downward are a manifestation of breast sagging. Breast lift surgery can restore their position to create a more lifted, attractive, and youthful appearance.
- Breast Asymmetry: Breast asymmetry may occur for any number of reasons and can cause body dissatisfaction. A breast lift can correct breast asymmetry and restore better balance to the breasts.
- Restoring Pre-Baby Curves: Pregnancy and breastfeeding can significantly alter the appearance of the breasts. Breast lift surgery helps to restore pre-baby curves by improving breast firmness, shape, and position.
- Looking More Youthful: Sagging breasts can cause you to look older. A breast lift can restore perky, lifted breasts so that you look more youthful.
- Correcting Genetics: Congenital defects or genetic traits may cause breasts to naturally sag even from a young age. Breast lift surgery can correct the effects of genetics by improving breast placement and position.
- Clothing Fit: Flattering clothing is designed to highlight your curves appropriately, but even the most stylish clothing may not fit well due to sagging breasts. Restoring the breasts can help your clothing to fit your body shape in a more flattering way.
- Weight Loss: Significant weight loss often diminishes breast volume and leaves them sagging. Breast lift surgery improves the appearance of the breasts so that your body shape appears more proportional after losing weight.
Find out more about how a breast lift could help you by scheduling your personal consultation with plastic surgeon Dr. Robert Rey. To book your appointment today, please call (310) 205-3107 or fill out our online contact form at your convenience.